- 10-20-2011, 07:54 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Lahore, Pakistan
- Blog Entries
PakTribune: PML-N rejects NAB chief appointment procedure
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on Thursday rejected the appointment of Admiral (r) Fasih Bokhari as National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chairman by objecting to the procedure adopted by the government for appointment on this key post.
PML-N sources told that Opposition Leader in National Assembly Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan communicated the party decision to President Asif Ali Zardari on Thursday through a letter expressing reservations over the way the appointment was made without taking him on board.
According to sources, the party has no objection over Bokhari's nomination, as there is no opposition within the party in this regard. However, the party has serious reservations over the procedure for appointment of the NAB chief, as the government did not consult the Opposition Leader before naming Bokhari as new NAB chief, they said.
The move is in line with decision of the party top leadership not to object Bokhari's nomination and object only to the process followed by the government, they added.
The government has recently appointed Bokhari as NAB chairman. This important post was vacant for quite some time due to a case in the Supreme Court.
Following a brainstorming by the PML-N legal experts and getting their input Chaudhry Nisar has written a letter to President, said the party sources.
Source: PML-N rejects NAB chief appointment procedure - PakTribune
- 10-20-2011 07:54 AM # ADSCircuit advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
- By Sadaf Khan in forum World NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-06-2012, 09:00 AM
- By Sadaf Khan in forum World NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
- By Sadaf Khan in forum World NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-12-2012, 10:51 AM
- By Sadaf Khan in forum World NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-11-2012, 08:01 AM
- By Sadaf Khan in forum World NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Visitors found this page by searching for:
Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!SEO Blog