- 10-21-2011, 06:40 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Lahore, Pakistan
- Blog Entries
Recipe: Pumpkin Raisin Flax Muffins
These little muffins are packed with B vitamins, omega-3s, fiber, and the goodness of coconut oil! In the Fall, when pumpkin is in season, I make a dozen on a Sunday and freeze them for a quick, on-the-go, and healthy breakfast all week. Just pull out the night before to thaw. Use organic ingredients when possible.
See the recipe after the break!
INGREDIENTS* = good source of fiber
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour *
- ½ cup ground flaxseed *
- 1 ½ tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 ¾ cups pumpkin pureé *
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup raisins *
- ½ cup walnuts *
2. In another medium-sized bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, milk, water, vanilla, and coconut oil, and beat with a whisk until smooth.
3. Slowly pour pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir from the bottom of the bowl until the dry ingredients are all moistened. Add raisins and walnuts.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cups greased with virgin coconut oil or butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
For this and other fiberlicious recipes, visit www.fortheloveoffiber.com.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 235
- Total Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 18 mg
- Sodium: 72 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 31 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Sugars: 14 g
- Protein: 5 g
Source: Pumpkin Raisin Flax Muffin Recipe
- 10-21-2011 06:40 AM # ADSCircuit advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
- By Naveed A Lodhi in forum Food CornerReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
- By Naveed A Lodhi in forum Food CornerReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2011, 11:16 AM
- By Naveed A Lodhi in forum Food CornerReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Visitors found this page by searching for:
Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!SEO Blog