- 12-27-2012, 06:14 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- Islamabad, Pakistan
Easy steps To Decorate your Bedroom
Before you even begin decorating your room, there are a few things you should do to save yourself some time and possible headache.
1. Clean the room thoroughly. When was the last time you vacuumed under your bed? You might even want to consider shampooing the carpet. Follow these steps and you'll have way more space in your room than you realized! It will look better right away.
2. Determine a theme for your room. The possibilities are almost endless here. Some ideas include girly-girl, tomboy, sports or music enthusiast and safari/jungle. You can also mix and match themes based on your preferences
3. Decide what you want to keep and get rid of. You may have plenty of good pieces or items that will make wonderful additions to your room. If you want to get rid of something, don't throw it out unless it truly is garbage or no longer has use. Put them away somewhere where they won't get broken or take them to a Goodwill/charity center.
4. Take down curtains and wall decorations. This includes pictures and any nails you have driven into the wall. You can always put them back up, but it's good to give your room a clean slate at first when deciding what to do. If you decide to do something new with that area, you will then need to fill the holes with Polyfiller or something similar and then sandpaper them down to get a smooth surface.
5. Move all furniture to the middle of the room. Even if your room is small, try to allow a meter of walking space between the edge of the room and the furniture in the middle.
Make The Most Of Your Space
If you bedroom is a standard size, you probably don't have a ton of room to work with. Simple adjustments in how your furniture is utilized or items are rearranged can add valuable space and let your room appear much bigger than it actually is.
1. Gauge the space. Measure out the room and find out how much room you have to work with. This will dictate the size of the items that you purchase afterwards if necessary. For example, the size of your bedside lamp will be determined by the size of your bed.
2. Pick a highlight of the room. If it is angled into the room properly, a nice piece of furniture can serve as a focal point to the room that everything else revolves around.
3. Get artwork. Artwork or photos are a great addition to walls and can make a room stand out. If you're on a budget, this is a simple do-it-yourself project.
4. Get items that can be fixed to walls. Nightstands and adjustable lamps can be affixed to walls and are a great way to save space.
5. Utilize the floor. A brightly colored rug is a wonderful way to make a room stand out. For most bedrooms, a 4x6 foot rug is ideal.
6. Designate new roles for furniture. For example, bookseller tables can double as bed stands and bookshelves.
Give Your Room Some Style
Your bedroom is often a direct reflection of who you are, so you want the style of your bedroom to be as fashionable and polished as possible. Luckily, this can be done in a number of simple ways.
1. Select your paint color or wallpaper. Make sure it is not so bright that it gives you a headache or so dark that it makes your room gloomy. Paint your walls.
2. Put patterns to work. A tastefully printed bedspread makes a room stand out and gives it some added flair. You can find these at almost any bedding store in the country.
3. Decorate with consistency. You may have great items or pieces, but if they're mismatched, it will make your room look cluttered and disorganized. Stick with your theme throughout the entire decorating process.
4. Add colors. There isn't a wrong way to do this, but adding color is essential in decorating your room. Do you want to introduce pops of different colors throughout your room, or have the room become saturated with a specific color?
5. Add warmth with neutral tones. Soft overhead lighting or a clip-on overhead lamp is a great way to accomplish this.
Make Your Room Comfy
Perhaps most importantly, your bedroom should be a retreat. It should be a place where you go to relax and unwind from life. There are a few things you can do in decorating that will make your bedroom as comfortable as possible.
1. Pile on the pillows. Adding a few extra pillows is a great way to make your bed an even more relaxing space.
Get luxurious covers. Top your bed with covers made for snuggling like a down comforter.
2. Get luxurious covers. Top your bed with covers made for snuggling like a down comforter.
3. Get a comfy chair. Tuck a chair into a corner of the room to create an instant resting spot. A few silk drapes surrounding it will turn the space into a cocoon.
4. Be artistic, especially with things you can't change. For example, if you'd like to paint your walls but your p arents (or their landlord) won't allow it, see if you can hang some decorative fabric or interesting pictures to add color and downplay that expanse of plain off-white.
- 12-27-2012 06:14 PM # ADSCircuit advertisement
- Join Date
- Advertising world
- 11-09-2013, 07:54 AM #2
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
There are very good and easy steps to decorate your room i really like this sharing .
Visitors found this page by searching for:
Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!SEO Blog